Apple and Cinnamon Pikelets
Makes - 12 small pikelets
1 cup self Raising flour
1tsp baking soda
1 x pouch of Rafferty’s Garden apple + pear + cinnamon (+ nothing else) or blueberries + banana + apple (+ nothing else)
1 cup soda water (see hint below)
Margarine, vegetable oil or butter to fry
Soda water gives these pikelets a lovely lightness however you can substitute milk if you like.
Spread more Rafferty’s smooth puree onto pikelets if you like – just like jam!
Pikelets can be stored in labeled and dated zip lock bags in freezer for up to three months.
- Step 1
- Sift self raising flour and baking soda into a bowl and make a well in the centre.
- Step 2
- Whisk egg and pour into flour well along with the pouch of Rafferty’s Garden smooth puree.
- Step 3
- Using a fork, stir flour into the egg mixture, as the mixture becomes thicker begin dribbling in soda water. Continue until mixture is the desired consistency. You may not use all the soda water.
- Step 4
- If possible leave the mixture for half an hour.
- Step 5
- Heat a non-stick pan with a little margarine, oil or butter. Add tbsp amounts of your mixture to pan.
- Step 6
- Once bubbles appear in the mixture flip your pikelet over and cook until brown.
Write Your Own* All fields are required